Still, using WhatsApp on your phone? There are ways to get closer to it on your tablet and on a personal computer WhatsApp syncs with the web mobile app so you can send and receive WhatsApp messages from your computer. Any action you take on the phone will apply to your computer’s WhatsApp and vice versa. You can access WhatsApp on both your phone and computer.
Friends, in this post I am going to discuss how you can use WhatsApp web. If you want to use WhatsApp web, you need to watch our posts from beginning to end. So friends, let’s start without delay.
WhatsApp Web and WhatsApp Desktop act as extensions for your mobile WhatsApp account, and all messages are synced between your phone and your computer, so you can watch conversations on any device wherever you start. Here, we will discuss how to use the WhatsApp browser app.
The process and interface are identical in iOS 14 and iOS 15. Similarly, the Android 12 interface is the same as the previous version.
How to use WhatsApp Web on your PC, Laptop or Tablet:
How do you use WhatsApp Web on your PC, Laptop or Tablet? Don’t know how to do it, but no worries, I am going to discuss in this post how you can use WhatsApp web on a laptop or tablet. Just stay connected with us till the end and keep reading till the end to know more about WhatsApp web. Follow the steps to use WhatsApp Web on your PC, Laptop or Tablet:
- Open your PC, laptop, or tablet browser and head to web.whatsapp.com
- On an Android phone open WhatsApp, tap the three dots at the top right, and choose WhatsApp web.
- On an iPhone start WhatsApp, tap the settings icon at the bottom left, and choose WhatsApp web/desktop.
- You’ll be prompted to use your smartphone’s camera to scan the QR code visible in your computer’s web browser.
- Then point your phone camera at the computer screen to scan the code.
- Whatsapp web will automatically launch in the browser and will remain active until you log out either from your computer or your phone.
- You can select this option on your phone by returning to the WhatsApp Web menu and choosing to log out from all devices.
- For logging out from your PC you can do it by tapping the three dots icon at the top of the conversation thread, then choosing Log out.
Here’s how to install WhatsApp web on a computer:
If you want to install WhatsApp Web on your computer, follow these steps:
- Install the WhatsApp web desktop application, available for PC or Mac from whatapp.com/download.
- Click the green download button to install the WhatsApp application on your computer.
- Then find that file in your downloads folder and double-click it to install.
- On a Windows computer, you should follow the steps in the installer’ and on a Mac simply drag the WhatsApp icon to your applications folder.
- Start the WhatsApp desktop application and the process is the same as above.
- The app will keep you logged into WhatsApp until you choose to log out.
- Note: Whatsapp can only be installed on your computer if your operating system is Windows 8 (or newer) or Mac OSX 10.9 (or newer).
How to log out of WhatsApp Web and keep it secure
You need to keep in mind a security vulnerability when using the browser version. When you close the Browser tab – or close the browser completely – it doesn’t log you out of your WhatsApp account. So someone can reopen the browser tab, access your WhatsApp conversations and reply just like you.
Therefore, if this scenario is potential for you (maybe you have an intruder roommate or a dirty wife), it is important to sign out of your WhatsApp account before closing the browser. You can do this by going to Settings:> Linked Devices on your WhatsApp mobile app, selecting an authorized computer, and tapping Log Out.
WhatsApp Web features
After you scan the QR code, you will see the web page directly in your WhatsApp chat list. On the left, you can view your chats by clicking on a contact to open the chat and your message history, if you save it.
There are three icons at the top left of the web page: Status, New Chat, and Menu, which offers a list of nested options. The status option reveals all the statuses posted by your contacts, including the ability to reply from the bottom of the panel. Clicking on a new chat opens a contact list on the left side of the page. From here, you can create a new group or start a conversation.
The three-point drop-down menu lets you create a new group, change information in your profile, search archived chats, view starred messages, change settings, or log out as notifications and chat wallpapers.