- 1 How to link voter ID with Aadhaar card:
- 2 What is a Voter ID?
- 3 What is an Adhar card?
- 4 Benefits To Link Voter ID with Aadhaar Card:
- 5 Why Is it Important to link voter ID with Aadhaar card?
- 6 Documents Needed to link voter ID with Aadhaar card:
- 7 How to Link Aadhaar with Voter ID Online through NVSP:
- 8 How to link voter ID with Aadhaar card through Voter Helpline app:
- 9 How to link voter ID with Aadhaar card through SMS:
- 10 How to link voter ID with Aadhaar card Online Through Phone:
- 11 How to link voter ID with Aadhaar card Offline:
- 12 How to Check Status of link voter ID with Aadhaar card:
If you want to know about linking voter ID with an Aadhaar card then I think you have entered a good website. So let’s begin. The Election Commission of India (ECI) has started a drive to link voter ID cards with an Aadhaar card. According to the ECI, the aim of the exercise is to establish the identity of voters and authenticate the entries in the electoral roll as well as identify whether the same person is registered multiple times in multiple constituencies or in the same constituency.
However, linking a Voter ID or Election Photo Identity Card (EPIC) with an Aadhaar card is not mandatory. The election body has clarified that no existing voter’s name will be removed from the electoral roll on the basis that the Aadhaar number has not been submitted.
As we all know, the Aadhaar card is a well-known document that serves as proof of identity and residence and provides a 12-digit unique identity number to every Indian. Voter ID Card, also known as Electoral Picture ID Card, is issued by the Government of India to people above 18 years of age to vote. There was a suspicion that duplicate voter IDs were being used, so the Indian government launched a new campaign to limit the number of fraudulent voter IDs across the country.
What is a Voter ID?
A Voter ID, or EPIC, is issued by the Election Commission of India to individuals who are at least 18 years of age. The primary purpose of this card is to enable Indian citizens to vote in municipal, state, and national elections.
What is an Adhar card?
An aadhaar number is a 12-digit random number issued by the UIDAI to an Indian resident who has satisfied the authority’s verification requirements. Any Indian resident, irrespective of age or gender, can voluntarily obtain an Aadhaar number. Enrollees are required to provide demographic and biometric information throughout the free enrollment process.
Benefits To Link Voter ID with Aadhaar Card:
The most important aspect of linking two cards is to reduce the number of voter ID cards. As responsible citizens of India, by linking the two cards, we are benefiting the entire nation by maintaining the democratic environment.
The government initiative to link citizens’ Aadhaar and EPIC is one of many efforts to reduce the circulation of black money in the economy. Possession of multiple voter cards may not be a punishable offense. However, it is illegal to have more than one voter ID card with your name as a voter.
Therefore, linking the two documents can help avoid such pitfalls while complying with the legal significance of an Aadhaar Card and Voter ID.
Both of these are very important KYC documents, and establishing a voter card Aadhaar card link can help you get seamless services in the future. If you have not yet completed linking voter cards with Aadhaar, then read the detailed guide on how to do it.
Important documents needed to link the two cards are:
- Aadhar card
- Voter ID card
- Mobile number
How to Link Aadhaar with Voter ID Online through NVSP:
In order to link the Aadhaar card with the voter id through the NVSP portal:
- First, visit the NVSP Official website.
- On the home page of the NVSP portal, click on a button for Voter Portal.
- You will be directed to a new page of the voter portal.
- You first need to log in with your mobile number email id or voter id number and you have to enter your password.
- After successful login, you need to provide basic information like your name, district, etc, and then click on the search button.
- Then you have to click on “feed Aadhaar number” and a popup page will appear.
- Then you need to fill in the Aadhaar card details.
- Then you have to click on the submit button and a message will appear that the application has been successfully submitted.
- First, you need to install the voter helpline app.
- Then after opening, you click on voter registration, after clicking you will get a form, and then you click (form 6b). Then you click Let’s Start.
- Then a page will open where you will enter your mobile number. Then OTP will be sent to your number. Enter the OTP number and click on verify option.
- A new page will open there, you will be asked if you know the voter ID number, if you know yes, if you don’t know, then no.
- If you know the voter ID number, then you will click yes and next.
- Then you enter your voter id number and state then click on Fetch Details, once your details are available click proceed.
- Then you will next, then you will enter the aadhaar card number and fill the remaining blank cells then you will be done.
- The application preview will appear in front of you, check once and click Confirm.
- Your application will be successfully submitted and your Reference number will be generated you can take a screenshot of this number.
- Later to check your status, you go to the homepage and click on Explore option.
- Then you will get the “Status of Application” option. Then the “Enter reference id” option will appear, enter your reference number, then click on “Track Status”. Then you will know your application status.
You can link your Aadhaar card with your EPIC card:
- First, you must have a mobile phone with a SIM card.
- And for SMS service, you must send a text message to 166 or 51969.
- The message ECILINKSPACE>EPIC No.> SPACE>Aadhaar No.
- However, you must send this message from the cellphone number associated with your Aadhaar card.
- You will then receive a confirmation that they are connected.
The government of India(GOI) has established many call centers in different states of the country. Aadhaar can also be linked to an EPIC card by calling call centers specially established for this purpose.
To link your EPIC and Aadhaar card, dial 1950 between 10 am to 5 pm on weekdays and submit your EPIC and Aadhaar card details.
The offline method is also simple and is also referred to as “Seeding Through Booth Level Officers”:
- You can link your Aadhaar card with your voter ID card by filling out an application form and submitting it to your local Booth Level Officer (BLO).
- After it is collected, the data will be transferred elsewhere for processing.
You can check the Current Status of Your Aadhaar-EPIC Seeding By:
After you send your information through one of the above-mentioned means, the authority will start processing your application as soon as it receives it. To check the progress of your application you need to visit the official website of the NVSP portal.
- On the homepage option, there is a button for Check Status Application.
- Click on it. Enter a reference ID or tracking number.
- After reaching the end of the procedure, a message will appear warning you that the request has already been registered and is now being processed.